As we are well aware …
The NHL did not suspend Chara for his reckless ‘ shove ‘ of Max Pacioretty from behind and into the partition while Pacioretty was no longer in possession of the puck.
At first , Habs fans were very angry toward Mike Murphy , Colin Campbell and Gary Bettman for the injustice toward our up and coming star player.
Since the storm that we call emotions has passed , we have discovered that Mike Murphy and the NHL have a lot on their plates and therefore have legitimate reasons for reaching their conclusion.
Here now are Mike Murphy ‘ s top ten excuses for not suspending Zdeno Chara ….
10. The report on Bob Probert’s brain injuries is a very long read and it disrupted me .
9. Every time I started to review the incident , Sidney Crosby kept calling to tell me he ‘s bored !
8. Hey ! I play ball hockey against Chara in the summer !
7. I could not see the replay very well , the partition skewed my view …
6. The ‘ Situation ‘ does that to ‘ Snookie ‘ on the T. V show Jersey Shore everyday - he doesn’ t get suspended !?
5. The Bruins ‘ Marc Savard is out with a concussion .Our policy in the NHL is simple ; keep things even!
4. Boy – that Probert report keeps going and going and going …
3. After much consideration , we have concluded that none of this would have happened if Max had just held on to the puck !
2. Hey ! There are far worse things that happen in hockey. We don ‘ t suspend players for those things either !
and the number one excuse for not suspending Zdeno Chara …
Too busy watching Ultimate Fighting !