Montreal Canadiens: Review of an Interesting Off-Season

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
Montreal Canadiens

NEW YORK, NY – APRIL 16: Montreal Canadiens (Photo by Jared Silber/NHLI via Getty Images)

To commemorate the first day of school for many people, let’s look at our review notes of what happened with the Montreal Canadiens this off-season.

The day after Labour Day. The day where you apparently shouldn’t wear white. For many students, it’s also the first day of school. You may be excited or you may be scared, it’s a new school year.

This first week of September marks the unofficial start of the NHL’s return to stage. After months and months of waiting for hockey, some fans finally get a taste of it again. Well at least for fans of the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, and the Ottawa Senators.

The three teams will have their rookies participate in a three-day tournament at the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto. Habs fans will get to see the likes of Noah Juulsen, Josh Brook, Martin Rèway, and new signing Michael McNiven to name a few.

As exciting as it is to get into the beginnings of the regular season, we can’t forget the off-season. About 90% of it is long, painful, and excruciating waiting for any news about the team to come up. Then the remaining 10% are the actual trades, signings, or rumours that are spread around.

The Montreal Canadiens had an interesting off-season to say the least. There are some aspects of the team that have stayed the same, and others that have changed. Additionally, there’s excitement around the new AHL affiliate the Laval Rocket, and what they will do in their debut season.

Before you write any test or exam, it’s always best decision to look over your notes so you’re prepared. Let’s consider the off-season the notes, and the regular season the test. To be prepared for what’s to come ahead for the Montreal Canadiens, let’s review what happened over the summer.

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse