The Montreal Canadiens open the playoffs tomorrow night against the Ottawa Senators at the Bell Center in Montreal. With that, we bring you our series preview for this first round match-up.
Here is a look at keys to the series, projected lineups and more:
|Mar 13 ’13||OTT 3 at MTL 4 – SO||L. Eller|
|Feb 25 ’13||MTL 1 at OTT 2 – SO||P. Regin|
|Feb 03 ’13||OTT 1 at MTL 2||E. Cole|
|Jan 30 ’13||MTL 1 at OTT 5||D. Alfredsson|
*Winners of each game are in BOLD.
Canadiens Keys to Victory – By AWH Editor Bryer MacPherson:
1. Put pressure on right off the bat. Keep play in the offensive zone as much as possible. Sens will crack.
2. Take advantage of PP changes. Subban and Markov will be huge part of PP success.
3. Price MUST be on his game. He will need to bounce back from his slump he was in at seasons end.
4. Gallagher-Eller-Galchenyuk line must continue to play the way they have. They need to continue being Montreal’s best forward line and Therrien needs to give them for ice time.
5. Habs need offence from all forward lines, not just the one above.
6. Don’t give Ottawa any easy breaks or scoring chances.
Senators Keys to Victory – By SenShot Editor Jared Crozier:
1. Get to Price early – Create a doubt in everyone’s mind.
2. Stay Out of the penalty box – The PP is where Subban and Markov excel.
3. Get the puck out of your own end- This has been a problem all season for Ottawa and results in prolonged defensive zone time and sometimes penalties which does not help #2 above.
4. Don’t let Montreal get under your skin. Ignore the antics of Gallagher, PK, and others. Let them take penalties and then capitalize on the PP.
5. Use the size advantage – drive the net, score ugly, make Price uncomfortable in the net.
6. One word – Karlsson. He is without a doubt the best player in the series, and if he can play like it, Ottawa will win.
Projected Lineups for Game One:
– The Canadiens are missing defenseman Alexei Emelin (knee).
– The Senators are without center Jason Spezza (back).